Monday, November 15, 2010

The Red Yarn Beard

This weekend I began working on Red Yarn's beard! All along, one of my ideas for Red Yarn the character is that he has this giant beard made of yarn. I thought it would help make him larger than life, like a huge puppet himself.

I've been collecting balls of red yarn for the last few months, and went to SCRAP for the other supplies: plastic embroidery screens for the structure, yarn needles, elastic bands, etc. I set to work yesterday and it all came together.

Introducing, Red Yarn, the Bard of Beards:














I wear a headband under that hat to keep the beard in place.














The beard is in two pieces. A movable chin strap...

















...and the sideburns and mustache.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, this is one idea I had never thought of for a use of red yarn.

    ReplyDelete